30 August 2004

Weekend

I was 'offline' for most of the weekend; I still didn't have time to look at some of this stuff:
Edd Dumbill takes "A Closer Look at iFolder" (I mentioned iFolder in my previous post).
For some unknown reason, I haven't taken a closer look at IronPython which seems to be quite interesting. It certainly has potential (if all goes well): imagine every PDA with .NET (or preferably Mono) and IronPython, or better - every computer. I got to read part of the CPL because of it.
Another good idea is Coral. Since it showed up on /. I guess world+dog has heard of it.
Yet another good gmail tool: GmailFS, probably the best yet (at least the best hack). And I still don't know anyone with a gmail account which means that I wont get one anytime soon.
Version 1.0.1 of Xsupplicant was recently released. Little more than a year ago, when CICA told us their plans to set up a faculty-wide wireless network and we began experimenting: trying to get authentication right (with RADIUS), the one missing component for an entire FOSS implementation (on linux) was xsupplicant which wasn't good enough at the time. Good to see it has come this far.
FreeBSD is nearing another release.
Logitech introduced i's new laser mouse.
Deja vu?