26 October 2004

The Da Vinci Code

When I first heard of Dan Brown's The Da Vinci Code I assumed it was just another over hyped thriller with the same old dynamics and a rehashed story. This weekend I was happy to be proven wrong. I'm used to seeing right thru a plot long before it begins to unfold and this book was no exception (for the most part). What was indeed exceptional was the pace at which the story progressed and revelations were made, it gave quite an intensity to the book - that and the fact that I had a quite large, unintentional dose of caffeine which kept me awake and in a somewhat excited state (like an electron after being radiated with enough energy to make it go to the other side of the universe and back before it even left) during the entire weekend.
I'm still not myself (whatever that means) - I’ve been acting weird and confused all day - more so than usually.
Anyway, the book was interesting and I recommend it to anyone who has too little blood in the caffeine circulating through his or her body. Whatever.